Are you living a Relaxed Lifestyle?
Complete our questionnaire and find out how your lifestyle rates.
Which of the following statements best sums up your life?
- It has it ups and downs but is mostly fulfilling
- There must be more to it than this
- I spend most of my time wishing it would change
Is your life mentally stimulating?
- Sometimes, but I would like to be stretched more intellectually
- I feel as if I am vegetating. Everything is so unchallenging
Can you relax easily when you have time off work?
- Sometimes I find it difficult to sit still without fidgeting
- No, I spend most of my time worrying about one thing or another
Can you drop off to sleep quite easily at night?
- Yes, I am always relaxed and calm when I go to bed
- Sometimes I don’t feel optimistic that all is or will be well
- No, I am afraid when I am alone or in the dark
Are you inclined to get yourself all worked up over nothing?
- No, I always feel optimistic that all will be well
- I am anxious about something or someone more of the time
- I feel the need to take tranquilisers
Are you easily rattled if things don’t go according to plan?
- No, when I make an error I forget it easily and continue
- I sometimes feel that I have overwhelming responsibilities that I cannot allow to go wrong
- Life is often a strain for me
Which best describes your social life?
- I have plenty of friends and try to get out as much as possible
- I would love to have wider social circle and go out more often
- I hardly see any of my friends any more and never seem to have time to socialise
How often does your job, family or social life force you to do things you don’t really believe in?
- Very rarely
- All the time
How do you feel about your body?
- I’m in good shape and satisfied with my appearance
- It’s not bad but I would like to feel better
- I hate the way I am and want to change
Do you worry about money matters?
- No, I am usually calm and not easily upset
- Sometimes I have misgivings about the outcome of my actions
- I worry all the time and go over and over in my mind what might happen
HOW DID YOU RATE?
Modern life is fast, hectic and demanding. Always keep things in proportion. Think about how you would like your life to be like and make the necessary changes. Keep your heart free from hate and you mind free from worry.
Mental stimulation can be exciting and can motivate you to achieve goals. Remember you are abundantly able to succeed in every effort you truly designate.
Recreational activities strike a balance between work and stress and are very important. Leave work at the workplace! We need to regenerate ourselves outside of work. Get yourself a hobby or simply have some fun!
Have a hot bath or something warm to drink when sleep eludes you. If you relax before going to sleep you will have a more restful night.
Don’t become accustomed to living a life of constant tension. Gain control and become more relaxed.
When things don’t go according to plan it is possible through observation and understanding to cope with it. Don’t pressure yourself to succeed!
Meeting new people and forming friendship is important. We all need someone to cheer us when we succeed and support us when the going gets tough.
Never do things you don’t believe in. Explain your point of view. Communication is the key!
The mind has tremendous influence over the body. Work at the changes you want. Encourage yourself constantly and give yourself a reward when you have achieved a goal. Success is the culmination of hard work and thorough preparation.
If you worry about money your body tightens and you become tense and cannot think clearly. It drains your energy. Develop a more positive attitude and you will cope better with financial problems.
80 – 100 points
You are placid and serene and resistant to irrational fears and anxieties. You realise that problems, if faced squarely, are the stuff that makes life interesting.
40 – 80 points
You are fairly satisfied with your life but may be inclined to put off change. Your life can be better if you realise that what you get out of life depends on what you put into it – there are no limits! Unless you take risks you’ll never realise your true ambitions. Relax and you’ll be able to cope with difficult situations easier and enhance the quality of your life. Try to develop a positive attitude.
0 – 40 points
You get upset easily when things go slightly wrong and are inclined to worry unnecessarily about what may or may not happen. You are ruled by fears and suffer high levels of stress. Your life needs a complete shape up! Sit down, take a deep breath and make some changes.